The idea is that since the widget is always on your dashboard or desktop, it serves as an effective tool to remind you of the latest posts on MacNify.
The MacNify Widget in a nutshellThe MacNify Widget covers the two primary functions that a blog-serving widget ought to provide:
- To display the latest posts on the MacNify blog.
- To perform simple search by keyword on the content of MacNify blog.
The MacNify Widget anatomy
- Blog Title: Click to launch MacNify.blogspot.com in browser.
- Post Titles: Click to read the complete post in browser.
- Search Box: Allows you to do simple search within the MacNify website. To submit a search, type in keyword(s) and hit the 'enter' key. When left blank, the content area will display the recent posts on MacNify.
- Display Mode: Indicates whether the content area is displaying recent posts, or search results according the the keyword(s) in Search Box.
- Scrolling Glass: Drag up and down to scroll through the widget content area.
- (more): Click to open the webpage to read the entire post.
- Post Summary: A preview of the post content. Unlike the Post Title, the Post Summary does not respond to mouse-clicking events.